Stay tuned for the January Lates programme of events.
See you all in the New Year - Happy Holidays
- Silent Disco – grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
- Launchpad - get hands on in our kids gallery with no kids.
- The Bubbles Show - big ones, small ones, and some as big as your head.
- Red mill engine demonstrations
- The Pub Quiz – now an institution, with fantastic treats for the winners.
- Talkaoke – this unique mobile talk show gets down with the hottest topics.
- Planet Science - a talk on our giant sphere.
- Gallery tour of Challenge of Materials? Suitable for deaf and hearing visitors.
- Screen Grab – create your own screen-print souvenir in our pop-up studio.
- Fly Studio – what better way to remember your trip to the Science Museum than with a personalised photo to take home and share?
- Hidden Gems - join our object handling sessions - this month led by volunteers.
- Fly with the Red Arrows simulator
- Fly 360° flight simulator
- RAF Typhoon simulator
The Science Museum’s Lates is a free night for adults that takes place on the last Wednesday of the month. Lates have a different theme each month, spanning issues as far apart as sex, alcohol and climate change – see what we have planned for the coming months.
Dubbed ‘drinking and thinking’ by visitors, Lates regularly attracts over 3000 adults each night, with DJs and bars on three floors of the museum.
Please be aware that Lates is incredibly popular, which means you may have to queue before a timed event. We suggest you arrive early to ensure you have the best possible chance of getting in.