Competition terms and conditions
The Flying Scotsman: Speed, Style, Service by Andrew McLean Competition - Terms and Conditions
Enter our draw to win one of 3 signed copies of the book The Flying Scotsman: Speed, Style, Service by our Head Curator Andrew McLean. The book explores the story of the Flying Scotsman service, including some lesser-known stories like its sabotage by striking miners in 1926.
To enter, just answer the following question: Which two cities does The Flying Scotsman service run between?
Email your answer to email@example.com to be in with a chance to win. The closing date is Sunday 31 July at 23:59.
- The closing date is Sunday 31 July 2016 at 23:59. Winners will be contacted by 5pm on Friday 12 August 2016.
- Entrants must be 18 or over.
- Entrants must email their answer to the question ‘Which two cities does The Flying Scotsman service run between?’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three winners will each receive one copy of the book The Flying Scotsman: Speed, Style, Service.
- Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries received.
- Only one entry per person.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The competition is not open to National Railway Museum or Science Museum Group employees.
- Any personal data submitted with consent will be kept by the National Railway Museum for the purpose of sending out prizes.
- All entrants will be automatically opting in to join our Exhibitions & Events e-newsletter database and receive future National Railway Museum e-newsletters.
- By entering the competition you automatically give consent for your name to be used for possible social media/marketing promotion (e.g. Facebook and on our website)
- Any complaints about fairness can be taken up by contacting the National Railway Museum's marketing team.
- The winners will be contacted after the closing date by a member of the National Railway Museum marketing team. If a winning entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the National Railway Museum reserves the right to stand down that entrant and select another winner.
- The National Railway Museum's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The National Railway Museum reserves the right to alter/cancel the competition without any prior warning.
- The National Railway Museum reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, including altering or substituting the prize.
Data held by Science Museum Group/National Railway Museum, is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be passed to or sold to any other organisation.