What’s on at NRM York
Quick! The Queen is coming
Help our Explainers make sure the Queen’s journey runs smoothly.
- Term time Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri
- 10:15, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00.
- Key Stage 1
- Station Hall
Join in with our brand new interactive story and find out about some of the people working very hard behind the scenes to make sure the royal journey goes exactly as planned.
Curriculum links - KS1
1. Pupils should be taught to:
a. place events and objects in chronological order
b. use common words and phrases relating to the passing of time [for example, before, after, a long time ago, past].
Knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past
2. Pupils should be taught to:
a. recognise why people did things, why events happened and what happened as a result
b. Identify differences between ways of life at different times.
3. Pupils should be taught to identify different ways in which the past is represented.
4. Pupils should be taught:
a. how to find out about the past from a range of sources of information [for example, stories, eye-witness accounts, pictures and photographs, artifacts, historic buildings and visits to museums, galleries and sites, the use of ICT-based sources]
b. to ask and answer questions about the past.
Breadth of Study
6. During the key stage, pupils should be taught the Knowledge, skills and understanding through the following areas of study:
a. changes in their own lives and the way of life of their family or others around them
b. the way of life of people in the more distant past who lived in the local area or elsewhere in Britain
8. The range should include:
a. telling stories, real and imagined
b. reading aloud and reciting
c. describing events and experiences
d. speaking to different people, including friends, the class, teachers and other adults.
9. The range should include opportunities for pupils to listen to:
a. each other
b. adults giving detailed explanations and presentations [for example, describing how a model works, reading aloud]
c. recordings [for example, radio, television].
Group discussion and interaction
10. The range of purposes should include:
a. making plans and investigating
b. sharing ideas and experiences
c. commenting and reporting.
11. The range should include:
a. working in role
c. Responding to performances.
To make a booking please complete our online booking form or phone us on 01904 686230.