Talk Science teacher course
This practical CPD course for KS3 and KS4 teachers provides tried and tested techniques for running effective and engaging class discussions, and making science relevant to all your students.
‘The course gave me lots of ideas, and was delivered in a fun and interesting way. It has inspired me to run more discussion lessons in the future.’ KS4 teacher, York
On the Talk Science course you will:
- try out Mystery Boxes, a hands-on classroom activity that gets students exploring how science works
- stimulate discussions and create engaging learning activities with the 'Hook, Inform, Enable, Extend' framework
- highlight the relevance of science to students’ lives and get everyone involved with the 'See, Link, Wonder' facilitation process
- have support embedding these techniques into your lessons
- network with teachers and museum educators and share best practice.
Lunch and refreshments are provided and you will receive ready to use classroom resources to take away.
The course is delivered by the Science Museum's experienced training team.
This course has been developed to support Secondary Science. It promotes student understanding of the uses and implications of science, and explores techniques to get students thinking and working scientifically.
This course is free to attend thanks to funding from the Enterprising Science project, but places must be pre-booked.
This one day course is taking place on:
- 3 December 2015 at Science Museum, London
- 23 June 2016 at Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester
- 8 July 2016 at Science Museum, London
We can also run this course at the National Railway Museum for ITT groups or your school's Science department. Alternatively, we can come to your school or local authority training day. Please email us to discuss the options: email@example.com
How to book
Please download and complete the booking form and return it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org