What’s on at NRM York
Signalling Day Experience
Ever wanted to have a go at operating a busy signal box? Sign up for our signalling experience for a fantastic day.
- 16 Aug 2014
- £80 per person
— THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT —
Just like real trainee signallers, you will operate the levers and send bell signals in the atmosphere of a busy signal box, on the 1912 Lancashire and Yorkshire School of Signalling Railway. With privileged access to unique signalling objects, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The full day experience includes:
- Lively classroom introduction to railway signalling
- Lancashire and Yorkshire Signal School Railway workshop – operate the worlds oldest signalling training railway
- Warehouse tour – discover hidden signalling treasures
- Borough Market insight – get inside Britain's busiest signal box
- NRM Central workshop – operate the only mechanical signal box in the National Collection
- Buffet Lunch – relax and chat with our expert team.
For further information call 08448 153139 or email email@example.com.