You can order copies of the drawings, photographs and posters in our collections.
We have over one million engineering drawings of locomotives, carriages and rolling-stock. You can buy copies of many of them, but it depends on how fragile the original is, and what form it's in.
- Engineering drawing lists and drawings
- Microfilm drawings order form - send to us with payment
- Non-microfilm drawings order form - send to us with payment
To buy copies of photographs from our collection:
- The easiest way is to search for an image on the Science and Society Picture Library (SSPL) website. You can buy a copy direct from SSPL, in a wide range of sizes, formats and prices.
- If you can't find the image on the SSPL site, visit Search Engine here at the museum to look through our albums of reference prints. If you find the image here, you can buy lower-resolution "research quality" prints (using the Photo reference print order form).
You can browse our railway poster collection in the Posters section of this website. If you see the image you're looking for there, you can order straight from our Science and Society Picture Library website, in a wide range of sizes, formats and prices.
Photocopies from books and magazines
We have a self-service photocopier in our library and archive centre, which is the cheapest way to make copies from the books and magazines we have. Or use the form below if you'd like us to photocopy from books and magazines for you.
- Photocopy order form - send to us with payment.
If you're an individual or company looking to use one of our images for publication (online or print), you'll need to contact our Science and Society Picture Library, who'll take you through the copyright and licensing arrangements and give you images in the format you need.
If you request photocopies from copyrighted books and magazines as part of your research for publication, please let our staff know – we can issue you with Copyright Fee Paid stickers, which save you having to clear copyright with the publishers.