First class dining
The elegant surroundings at the National Railway Museum are sure to add prestige to any event.
A spectacular display of locomotives and carriages offers a unique backdrop for events for up to 700 guests.
Delectable and creative cuisine is provided by our exclusive caterers, Miburns. Delicious canapés, appetising bowl food and exquisite banquets are a speciality. Food is freshly prepared onsite and makes the most of Yorkshire’s finest produce – so you'll soon realise why we welcome guests back time and time again.
- Seated lunch or dinner: 2 - 700
- Buffet: 10 - 700
- Reception: 20 - 700
A wide variety of entertainment is available to enhance your event. Choose from contemporary circus, live bands -- or even a replica of Stephenson’s Rocket, which can be hired to add sparkle (and steam) to any event.
- Station Hall – Experience a bygone era, where you will dine amidst luxurious carriages and historic locomotives set against the backdrop of a period station. Iconic collections such as the prestigious royal "Palaces on Wheels" (including a carriage used by Queen Victoria herself) will wow your guests.
- Great Hall – Housing a stunning display of some of our finest locomotives – including Mallard, Eurostar and the Bullet Train – this is a unique location for pre-dinner drinks, receptions and small dinners.
- The Warehouse & Works – Home to NRM’s conservation workshops and 1,001 surprises from the Museum’s collection, this venue is an alternative and fascinating location for receptions and insight tours.
- Search Engine – The stunning glass rooms of the Search Engine balcony, with captivating vistas across Great Hall, provide an inspiring setting for more intimate events. Why not combine with a fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of our hidden collections?
For further information or to arrange an appointment to view our facilities, please call 01904 686 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org