Hospital sign from Liverpool Royal Infirmary, England, 1970-1980
This sign explains the visiting procedures outside of normal visiting hours. The ward sister was the senior nurse, often a dominant presence in charge of the ward and whose main job was patient welfare. The sign was used at the Liverpool Royal Infirmary, which originally opened in 1749 but was closed in 1978. The building was bought by the University of Liverpool and turned into a teaching space for laboratory skills.
Related Themes and Topics
There are 310 related objects. View all related objects
An entity that signifies another entity. Often a publicly displayed board giving information