Spermicidal Pessaries, 'Clinocap' brand, England, 1925-1955
These contraceptive pessaries were developed for use in tropical climates. They were supplied by the Mother’s Clinic and endorsed by Dr Marie Stopes (1880-1958). The pessaries contain spermicides to kill sperm. They could be used alone or with caps or other barrier contraceptives. The pessaries were manufactured under the brand name ‘Clinocap’ specifically for Stopes. Her clinics distributed them worldwide. Stopes founded the first of her birth control clinics in Holloway, North London in 1921. Other clinics opened worldwide in the following years.
Related Themes and Topics
There are 535 related objects. View all related objects
The use of methods and techniques to prevent pregnancy from sex.