Brass badge for the Prince of Wales General Hospital, England, 1920-1950
Worn on the cloak of a nurse’s outdoor uniform, this badge from The Prince of Wales General Hospital in Tottenham, London, which first opened in 1867, was worn by Gertrude Baker (d. 1982) while she was working as a matron. The badge was part of her collection of nursing memorabilia that was donated to the museum on her death.
Related Themes and Topics
Objects bearing special or distinctive marks, tokens, or devices signifying membership, allegiance, authority, or qualification; usually worn on the person.