Lord Curzon's medicine chest, England, 1910-1925
The leather medicine chest was owned by George Nathaniel Curzon (1859-1925), a successful politician and traveller who was also awarded the titles Viceroy of India and Marquess Curzon of Kedleston. It contains a range of drugs, including quinine, aspirin, opium painkillers and laxatives. The medicine chest was made by Burroughs, Wellcome & Co, who supplied a wide range of medicine chests and first aid kits often to influential people and explorers in a shrewd attempt to promote the product. It is pictured here with another Burroughs, Wellcome & Co chest (1981-1010).
Related Themes and Topics
There are 823 related objects. View all related objects
Glossary: medicine chest
Small chests fitted for bottles and intended to hold medical supplies; of a type made in the 18th and early 19th centuries.