This month we’ll be stepping back into the 1930s, 40s and 50s as we focus on the themes of our Churchill’s Scientists exhibition.
We’ll be exploring the stories and characters relating to British science during and immediately after the Second World War.
This night includes live music and dancing from the period and interactive workshops. Plus all the regular highlights of live music, Punk Science comedy show and the best silent disco in town.
The Science Museum’s Lates is a free night for adults that takes place on the last Wednesday of the month. Lates have a different theme each month, spanning issues as far apart as sex, alcohol and climate change – see what we have planned for the coming months.
Please be aware that Lates is incredibly popular, which means you may have to queue before a timed event. We suggest you arrive early to ensure you have the best possible chance of getting in.
To be announced
Also on this month:
Think – Talks and object-related events
Experience – Themed shows and demonstrations
Museum Experience – Shows and demonstrations run by the museum
Create – Hands-on creative workshops
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
- Punk Science the Gameshow – Tickets are limited and cost £5 per person, available from any ticket desk. Pre-book to gain VIP entry to the museum.
- Red mill engine demonstration
- Fly our simulators - Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Revelations: Experiments in Photography – half price for Lates
- The Kraszna-Krausz and First Book Awards 2015 – Our newest exhibition
- Can touch this – Volunteer-led object handling
- Talkaoke - Discuss the latest science topics whilst sitting at our cool doughnut table