Talk Science Full-Day Course
Inspire your students to connect with the science that shapes their lives with our one day Talk Science course.
This thought-provoking CPD course for KS3 and KS4 teachers will give you the chance to explore creative approaches for making curriculum science relevant to all your students, by connecting it with their own experiences, interests and future lives.
‘The course gave me lots of ideas, and was delivered in a fun and interesting way. It has inspired me to run more discussion lessons in the future.’ KS4 teacher, York
On the Talk Science course you will:
- use Mystery Boxes, a hands-on activity exploring how science works
- plan stimulating learning activities using Hook, Inform, Enable, Extend
- learn how to use the See, Link, Wonder facilitation process both inside and outside the classroom
- have the opportunity to embed these techniques into lessons for your students.
Lunch and refreshments are provided and you will receive ready-to-use classroom resources such as films and other materials to take away.
The course is delivered by the Science Museum’s experienced training team.
This course has been developed to support UK 11-16 Science curricula, it promotes student understanding of the applications and implications of science knowledge and explores techniques to get students thinking and working scientifically.
This course is free to attend thanks to funding from the Enterprising Science project, but places must be pre-booked.
This one day course is taking place on:
- Thursday 3rd December 2015 at Science Museum, London
- Thursday 23rd June 2016 at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester
- Friday 8th July 2016 at Science Museum, London
How to book
We can also run this course:
- at the Science Museum for ITT groups or staff from school Science departments
- at your school or local authority training day
- at your school as a twilight CPD
Please e-mail us to discuss the options: firstname.lastname@example.org