This activity has been designed to help students to:
- revise/give an overview of the meaning of atoms, molecules, elements and compounds.
- understand that molecules are made of two or more atoms, and that there’s a variety of different molecules, named according to their constituent atoms.
- understand how the bonds between atoms give each molecule a particular shape and different modes of vibration.
- know that carbon dioxide, methane and water vapour are greenhouse gases, and argon, nitrogen and oxygen are not.
- understand that greenhouse gases are made up of more than two atoms.
- understand how greenhouse gases increase Earth’s temperature.