Talk Science teachers' course
This practical one-day course for KS3 and KS4 teachers provides tools and techniques for running effective and engaging class discussions about topical science.
‘The course gave me lots of ideas, and was delivered in a fun and interesting way. It has inspired me to run more discussion lessons in the future.’ KS4 teacher, York
On the Talk Science course you will:
- create 'powerful questions' to stimulate class discussion
- become familar with tried-and-tested classroom techniques for promoting discussion
- learn facilitation skills
- use Mystery Boxes, the Museum's hands-on classroom activity exploring How Science Works
- have the opportunity to plan a discussion lesson for your students.
Lunch and refreshments are provided and you will receive ready-to-use classroom resources such as films and other materials from the course to take away.
The course is delivered by the Science Museum’s experienced training team.
This course has been developed to support UK 11-16 Science curricula, PLTS and APP to promote student understanding of the applications and implications of science and to develop effective communication skills.
Booking this course
We can run this course:
- at the Science Museum for ITT groups or staff from school Science departments
- at your school or local authority training day
- at your school as a twilight CPD.
Please e-mail us to discuss the options :firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is free to attend but places must be pre-booked - see below.
Talk Science Project
This course is part of the Talk Science Project.