Anaesthetic inhalation ampoules, 1935-1949.
Image number: 10412941
These crushable ampoules contain chloroform and are called 'Brisettes'. They are composed of glass with a protective wrapping of gauze and cotton wool and were made by Macfarlan and Co, Edinburgh and London, for use in midwifery. Billings and Sons Ltd, of Manchester, supplied them.
- Image number:
- Science Museum/Science & Society Picture Library
- Date taken:
- 30 October 2003 10:43
- Image rights:
- Science Museum