Philosophical table, 1761
In 1761 George III commissioned George Adams, a leading London instrument-maker, to make a set of scientific instruments for him. The 'philosophical table' carried the mechanics apparatus and was the centrepiece for this part of the course. It has collision apparatus rather like Newton's cradle at one end, pendulums at the other, and a variety of machines from 'central forces' to 'path of a projectile' could be placed on the middle.
|Xsl file could not be processed|