Basil Hall�s ovariotomy clamp, 1910-1920.
This instrument is composed of nickel-plated steel and was manufactured by Down Bros. of London. Basil Hall designed this clamp to be used during ovariotomy operations of the type devised by Ernst Wertheim (1864-1920) of Vienna. The operation was first undertaken in 1906, and involved the removal of the uterus and all its appendages. It was developed to treat patients with cervical cancer.
- Currently on display in:
- The Science and Art of Medicine
- Year made :
- Inventory number :
2 related image(s)