Calculating machine used at the Scientific Computing Service

Calculating machine used at the Scientific Computing Service

This calculating machine was used at the Scientific Computing Service (SCS) from about 1939 to 1965, when it was transferred to the physics and astronomy department of University College London.

It was given to the Science Museum in 1981 by Beryl Waters, who was a ‘computer’ at the SCS during the Second World War.

 
Currently on display in:
Year made :
c. 1939
Inventory number :
1981-391
 
Xsl file could not be processed