Blundell's blood transfusion apparatus, 19th century.
This apparatus is based on plans by the British obstetrician James Blundell (1790-1877). It consists of the following instruments, which are largely composed of brass and glass: two syringes, two canulae, two lancets, and two glass funnels. There is also a sheet with instructions printed on, entitled �Improved apparatus for transfusion�. These items are all in a mahogany case with three other pieces of equipment, two rods and a pair of forceps, which may not be part of the original apparatus. Savigny and Co, London, designed the set.
|Xsl file could not be processed|