Circular saws, 1758-1773

Circular saws, 1758-1773

Watt's workshop contains three circular saw blades, which Watt used in manufacturing the fingerboards for violins which he sold in Glasgow early on in his career. They may be the earliest known anywhere of this widely-used cutting tool.

 
Currently on display in:
James Watt and our World
Inventory number :
1924-792-551 pts 1–3