Screenings from 17 December
Entrance for screenings after 19.00 is the Dana Centre, 165 Queen's Gate, London SW7 5HD.
One of cinema’s truly legendary franchises finally returns to the big screen with the eagerly-awaited Star Wars: The Force Awakens. A new generation of heroes joins forces with legends Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia in the battle for the freedom of a galaxy far, far away.
The Science Museum’s IMAX Theatre is the only venue in Europe screening this blockbuster film in IMAX 15/70mm format. Sequences expand vertically to give viewers a truly immersive experience, filling the entire screen and displaying 40% more of the image than can be seen in standard cinemas.
We recommend booking early as demand is expected to be high.
Important information about booking
- This film is showing in 15/70mm IMAX 2D and is not in IMAX 3D
- This film is classified 12A - children of any age can see the film, but those under the age of 12 must be accompanied to the cinema by an adult
- You will need to present any proof required to redeem discounted rates
- Entrance for screenings before 19.00 is the main entrance on Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2DD
- Entrance for screenings after 19.00 is the Dana Centre, 165 Queen's Gate, London SW7 5HD
- Please allow plenty of time to reach the IMAX Theatre, especially for evening screenings
- The IMAX auditorium is accessed via stairs. If you need to use the lift please make yourself known to the front of house staff before the film who will be able to help you. To book wheelchair tickets please call our Call Centre on 0870 870 4868 (booking fees apply)
- 2 for 1 IMAX film offers are not available for Star Wars screenings
Why see it at our IMAX Theatre?
The foyer is open for IMAX Theatre ticket holders before, during and after your film, providing a great place to meet and to stock up on treats.
- We are the only venue in the UK to show Star Wars in true 15/70mm IMAX film format, which means you'll see sequences expand vertically to fill the entire screen, displaying 40% more of the image than can be seen in standard cinemas
- Our screen is one of the largest in the UK. It's almost double the size of those found at large cinema chains, measuring 16.8m from floor to ceiling and 24.3m from wall to wall. That's the height of four double-decker buses or a car park for 64 taxis
- Experience 10 times the image quality, resolution and sound than you would at a conventional digital cinema, making you feel like you're part of the action