Tickets have now sold out for this event.
The talk will be filmed and available on our blog after the event.
Sunday 28 February
IMAX Theatre, 14.00-15.00
Join us for a special talk at the Science Museum’s IMAX Theatre between astronaut Buzz Aldrin and British physicist Brian Cox.
Aldrin was selected by NASA in 1963 into the third group of astronauts and on 20 July 1969 made history with Neil Armstrong during their Apollo 11 moonwalk, becoming the first two humans to set foot on another world.
Since retiring from NASA, Aldrin continues to chart a course for future space travel and is passionate about inspiring the younger generations of future explorers and innovators.
Dr. Aldrin is an author of nine books including ‘Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration’ which outlines his plan to get us beyond the moon and on to Mars. He continues to inspire today’s youth with his illustrated children’s books including ‘Welcome to Mars: Making a Home on the Red Planet’.
Professor Brian Cox is an Advanced Fellow of particle physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester and presenter of numerous science programmes including BBC2’s Stargazing Live.
The event will include an opportunity for the audience to ask questions and Aldrin will also be signing copies of his latest books. Further details of the book signing are below. The books will be available to buy from the Science Museum.
The talk is the latest in a series of events around Cosmonauts which celebrates some of the most significant moments of space travel history.
Suitable for all ages
After the event, Buzz Aldrin will be signing books at the Science Museum. You don't need to buy a ticket for this but you will need to queue. The queue will be open from 14.30 but you can buy a book before this and explore the museum. Please speak to a member of staff when you arrive. Brian Cox won’t be signing any books.
Please read Buzz's rules carefully:
- Buzz will only autograph his new children’s book ‘Welcome to Mars’ and his book for adults ‘Mission to Mars’
- Only books bought at the Science Museum on the day will be signed.
- He will not sign any memorabilia, photos, space related items, other books authored or not authored by him.
- He will not personalise and will sign his name only.
- He allows photos while he is signing but will not pose for pictures or allow anyone behind the table to take a photo.
- There is a limit of 1 book per person – either ‘Welcome to Mars’ or ‘Mission to Mars’.
- You must have a book to be signed to be in the queue.
- Time permitting Buzz will continue to sign until the last person in line having purchased a book is taken care of.
- Once all books are sold out the signing over is over.
- Books can be bought using cash or credit/debit card though cash is preferable as it's quicker to process.
- Ticket holders will receive an exclusive promotion code for discounted tickets to Cosmonauts, which will be sent out via email at least one week before the talk.
- Cosmonauts has limited capacity, so you need to pre-book a timed slot online to guarantee entry to the exhibition on the day of the talk.
- If you don't pre-book tickets for Cosmonauts you may need to queue for the next available slot.
- Please allow at least 10 minutes to walk from the exhibition to the IMAX Theatre.