Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the Museum on the last Wednesday of every month. Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from Churchill’s wartime scientists to childhood.
See what we have planned for the coming months
Inspiring, enlightening and unbelievably good fun, Lates always draw a crowd, so we strongly suggest you arrive early to ensure the best chance of getting in. Be advised that you may have to queue before a timed event.
The Science Museum Comedy Club
Punk Science invites you to celebrate everyone's number-one-favourite Renaissance man and number-three-favourite Ninja Turtle - Leonardo. The Science Museum's Comedy Duo are joined by Edinburgh nominated comic Sam Fletcher, sharing some of his own inventions and his love for Leonardo. We welcome also the President of the Ugly Animal Preservation Society, Simon Watt, and more great guests to be announced soon.
Tickets are limited and cost £9 per person
Also on this month
Think (Talks and object-handling related events)
Experience (Active events such as shows and demonstrations)
Create (Hand-on creative workshops)
- The Science Museum Comedy Club – Tickets cost £9 per person and are limited. Pre-book to gain VIP entry to the museum but also available from any ticket desk. NB: Start time 20.45
- Leonardo da Vinci: The Mechanics of Genius – Entrance fee applies (Lates half-price offer: £5 per person)
- Fox Talbot: Dawn of the Photograph – Entrance fee applies (Lates half-price offer: £4 per person)
- Wellcome Image Awards – Free entry
- Fly our simulators – Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
- Red mill engine demonstration