Watercolours + Works on Paper Fair
The Watercolours + Works on Paper Fair returns to the Science Museum for four days from Thursday 31 Jan - Sunday 3 Feb 2013.
View and buy prints, drawings, watercolours, photographs and posters created by artists from the early 17th century up to the present day from a range of early, modern and contemporary art dealers. All works are original, of high quality and have been vetted by experts.
The fair is supported by an extensive programme of events, including:
- free talks by the experts at 15.00 each day - find out more about the pictures for sale and gain insight into the vetting process
- specialist guided tours to see highlights of the fair
- free live music by classical and jazz musicians during the later evenings on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- the opportunity to try your hand at printmaking, led by the City & Guilds of London Art School Printmakers.
2013 Loan Exhibition: "The Conquest Of The Skies"
See a selection of little-known original works focusing on the fascination of ballooning, chosen from the Science Museum Art Collection. This is a rare chance to see works by artists such as Rowlandson, Gillray, Seppings-Wright and Tissandier retrieved from the archives, conserved, framed and on show at the fair for 4 days only.
The National Parachute, or John Bull Conducted to Plenty & Emancipation
James Gillray (1757-1815)
Hand-coloured engraving published by Hannah Humphrey in 1802
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
- Adults: £15
- 14-21 years: Half price entry
- Children under 14: Free, but must be accompanied by an adult.
Special offer - half price entry: Download the e-ticket here.