Based on the Apollo lunar landings of the late 1960s and early 1970s, this film's exceptional 3D computer animation will fly you to the moon, where you can experience the sights and sounds of an Apollo expedition.
Spread across two rooms, the Discovery Motion Theatre experience begins with a documentary style pre-show film. Following the documentary, collect your 3D glasses and enjoy the animated Legend of Apollo 3D film with physical special effects, which may include water, wind, flashing lights and moving seats.
- Children under 8 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age 4 yrs
- Minimum height 90 cm
- Further restrictions may apply
- Tickets can be bought in advance online for a specific day
- Ticket holders must book a time slot to see the film on the day of their visit – this can be done at any ticket desk in the Museum
- Film screenings take place daily, on the hour and at 30 minutes past
Make the most of your visit and book our great value Explorer ticket which includes an IMAX film, Legend of Apollo at the Discovery Motion Theatre, Red Arrows 3D, Typhoon Force and a guidebook.