Tickets on-sale soon
Screenings from 21 July
Starring Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance, Tom Hardy and Harry Styles.
Award-winning director and modern-day pioneer of 70mm film, Christopher Nolan brings his unique vision to a defining moment in history.
From May 26 – June 4 1940 an extraordinary and unprecedented evacuation took place. Surrounded by the German army 400,000 Allied soldiers became trapped on Dunkirk beach following a fierce battle in World War II. From military vessels to tiny fishing crafts, more than 800 boats set sail from the shores of England in a desperate effort to save the troops. They couldn’t get home, so home came to them.
Join us at the Science Museum to experience the intense and breathtaking Dunkirk on one of the biggest screens in the UK. We recommend booking early as demand is expected to be high.
Important booking information
- This film is showing in 15/70mm IMAX 2D and is not in IMAX 3D
- The film is rated 12A
- The IMAX Theatre is accessed via stairs. When tickets go on sale, you can book wheelchair tickets via our Call Centre on 0333 241 4000 (booking fees apply)
- 2 for 1 IMAX film offers are not available for Dunkirk screenings.
Why see it at our IMAX Theatre?
- We are screening Dunkirk in 15/70mm IMAX film format. Experience 10 times the image quality, resolution and sound than you would at a conventional digital cinema.
- Our independent cinema has one of the largest screens in the UK. It's almost double the size of those found at large cinema chains, measuring 16.8m from floor to ceiling and 24.3m from wall to wall. That's the height of four double-decker buses or a car park for 64 taxis.
- Every ticket bought helps support the Science Museum's work to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.