Join us as we discover just how much you share about yourself without saying a word.
Experts will be showing you what your phone is saying about you, how you can avoid facial recognition technology, what data smells like, how to take holiday videos without lifting a finger and what your phone is singing to the world.
This months Lates will blow your mind and hold on to your privacies… it’ll leave you so full of data you’ll need a RAM boost.
Come along to delete your cookies, make some binary-coded accessories and much more…
Plus all the regular Lates highlights are waiting for you to enjoy, including live music, the Punk Science comedy show and the best silent disco in town.
Science Museum Lates are adults–only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the Museum on the last Wednesday of every month. Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from Churchill’s wartime scientists to childhood.
See what we have planned for the coming months
Inspiring, enlightening and unbelievably good fun, Lates always draw a crowd, so we strongly suggest you arrive early to ensure the best chance of getting in. Be advised that you may have to queue before a timed event.
The Science Museum Comedy Club
The Science Museum's resident comedy team Punk Science answers the call of duty to celebrate games – but they don’t have a monopoly on it. Turning the evening into a multi-player affair, Infinite Monkey Cage host Robin Ince and Festival of the Spoken Nerd’s geek songstress Helen Arney are joining them. Plus, curator of consumer technology Helen Peavitt talks about the games kept in the national collection. Get your tickets and join the pack, man.
Tickets are limited and cost £9 per person
Also on this month
Think (Talks and object-handling related events)
Experience (Active events such as shows and demonstrations)
Create (Hand-on creative workshops)
- The Science Museum Comedy Club – Tickets cost £9 per person and are limited. Pre-book to gain VIP entry to the Museum but tickets are also available from any ticket desk.
- Leonardo da Vinci: The Mechanics of Genius – Entrance fee applies (Lates half-price offer: £5 per person)
- Fox Talbot: Dawn of the Photograph – Entrance fee applies (Lates half-price offer: £4 per person)
- Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care – Free entry
- Fly our simulators – Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.