Join us as we delve into the science behind our cravings for food and drink at the next Lates, supported by GlaxoSmithKline.
We’ll be exploring what makes us crave, what our second gut is and how to make food more appealing. There will also be a chance to get close to the scientists and their food-based experiments, with some tastings too.
Plus, as always, live music, the Punk Science comedy show and the best silent disco in town.
Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the Museum on the last Wednesday of every month. Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from Churchill’s wartime scientists to childhood. See what we have planned for the coming months.
Inspiring, enlightening and unbelievably good fun, Lates always draw a crowd, so we strongly suggest you arrive early to ensure the best chance of getting in. Be advised that you may have to queue before a timed event.
Also on this month (tbc)
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
- Punk Science the Gameshow – Tickets are limited and cost £5 per person, available from any ticket desk. Pre-book to gain VIP entry to the museum.
- Red mill engine demonstration
- Fly our simulators - Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Revelations: Experiments in Photography – half price for Lates - last chance to see
- Can touch this – Volunteer-led object handling
- Talkaoke – Discuss the latest science topics whilst sitting at our cool doughnut table
Lates is supported by: