Celebrate the International Year of Light at the Science Museum’s Lates, supported by ghd.
From exploring cosmic light and the northern lights, to discovering how lasers are used in distilling whiskey and how sun light is used to generate electricity to power your home, this month's Lates is bound to be illuminating.
Plus all the regular highlights of live music, Punk Science comedy show and the best silent disco in town.
The Science Museum’s Lates is a free night for adults that takes place on the last Wednesday of the month. Lates have a different theme each month, spanning issues as far apart as sex, alcohol and climate change – see what we have planned for the coming months.
Please be aware that Lates is incredibly popular, which means you may have to queue before a timed event. We suggest you arrive early to ensure you have the best possible chance of getting in.
- Silent Disco – Grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
- Launchpad is open
- Punk Science the Gameshow – Tickets are limited and cost £5 per person, available from any ticket desk.
- Red mill engine demonstration
- Planet science demonstration – A talk about our giant sphere.
- Fly our simulators - Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Revelations: Experiments in Photography – half price for Lates
- The Kraszna-Krausz and First Book Awards 2015 – Our newest exhibition
- What's That – Volunteer-led object handling
Supported by ghd: