SENsory Science Night
Have you ever wondered if museum objects truly come alive once the lights go out? Find out at this exclusive after-dark exploration of the Museum.
SENsory Science Night occurs once a year in August giving you the opportunity to enjoy all that the Museum has to offer, including camping in one of our galleries.
Download the information on this page as a PDF
Who can attend?
SENsory Science Night is for young people aged 7–14 with special education needs, and their families. Campers must be accompanied by at least one adult over 18 years of age.
There will be roughly 200 campers in total, fewer than on other Science Nights, to ensure that you have a great time with us.
What can we do on the night?
There is a range of activities for you to enjoy:
- Interactive science shows – filled with experiments, live demonstrations and lots of volunteer opportunities to enthuse and inspire
- Gallery events – immerse yourself in the stories behind some of the incredible objects in our collection
- Hands-on galleries – exclusive access to all of our popular hands-on area
- Make-and-take workshops – have fun creating something to take home
This exclusive night is available at the reduced rate of £25 per camper.
- Booking will open at 10.00 on Wednesday 7 June 2017. Contact the Learning Support Team on 020 7942 4777 to book.
- You will need to pay at the time of booking so please have your debit or credit card to hand when you call.
- Bookings are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to take provisional bookings.
Doors open at 19.30 on Saturday and the event runs until 10:00 on Sunday.
We hope you stay for the whole evening and throughout the night, then join us for a delicious continental breakfast on Sunday morning. However, we understand that you may prefer not to stay overnight, so you are welcome to participate for a shorter time and leave when you are ready.
SENsory Science Night is an experience best shared. So, to give you the opportunity to meet other campers, we may team you with other families to form small groups.
Science Museum staff will be on hand to help you navigate the Museum, putting their specialist know-how to good use and making sure you don't miss out.
Our Survival Guides (see the adjacent panels) provide helpful advice about what to bring and what to expect. We can also provide a visual story, facilities information and an accessible map on request.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Email us at email@example.com or call on 0207 942 4749.