Metal ammoniaphone, for voice cultivation, in box, invented by Dr. Carter Moffat, manufactured by Medical Battery Co., London
Porcelain bowl, retrieved from Hiroshima after the atomic bomb explosion, August 1945
H.M.V. portable gramophone No.102 with soundbox No.5B, c. 1931.
This paperweight was made to represent a contraceptive pill. The contraceptive pill became available in 1960. It uses female hormones to control fertility and became commercially viable when it was discovered that the Mexican yam was a cheap natural
THALOMID (thalidomide) in blister pack marketed for use in treating leprosy, HIV infection and some cancers under strictly controlled conditions
Electric generator, one of two later installed in Souter Point lighthouse, by Frederick Hale Homes, 1867.
A prototype for a clock mechanism intended to keep time for 10,000 years.
Avro 504K biplane D7560 with 130hp Clerget engine no. 52090; The Avro 504 first appeared in 1913 and was in service with the Royal Flying Corps during WWI. As early as November 1914, three 504s carried out a 'mass' bombing raid on German airship cons
Power loom manufactured by J. Harrison and Son and fitted with the loose reed emergency stop mechanism of 1842. Exhibited at the Great Exhibition of 1851 ina part of the displays entitled 'Machinery in Motion', and subsequently modified by the maker