Model, scale 1:24, of the De Havilland 'Comet' Aeroplane 'Grovenor House' . The Comet was specially designed to compete in the 1934 MacRobertson air race from Mildenhall to Melbourne. Three Comets took part, and the 'Grosvenor House' won the trophy a
Model (scale 1:10). The two-seater Bristol Fighter was capable of a speed of 115 mph at 10,000 feet and had a service ceiling of 20,000 feet. Designed by Frank Barnwell, It was a formidable aircraft used successfully in a combined reconnaissance-fi
Model (scale 1:10). This was French aviation pioneer Clement Ader's first flying machine. The Eole was the first aeroplane in the world to take off under its own power from level ground, flying for some 50 metres at a height of 20 cms in 1890. Ader (
Model of Short 'Empire' Flying Boat 'Canopus', scale 1:24. Imperial Airways ordered 28 Flying Boats from Short Brothers of Rochester, Kent, following the British Government's decision to carry all mail to the Empire by air without a surcharge.
The E28/39 was the first Allied jet aircraft, having its first official flight on 15 May 1941.
The Pitts Special is one of the classic aerobatic aircraft. It was designed in 1944 in Florida by Curtis Pitts with a specific pilot in mind. This particular aircraft, registration G-AZPH, was manufactured in the USA in the late 1960s and imported an
Hawker P.1127 VSTOL Experimental Aircraft, 1960, serial number XP831. This is the first prototype which achieved vertical take-off on 21st October, 1960.
Hawker Hurricane Mk.I. L.1592. This particular machine fought over Dunkirk and in the Battle of Britain. Although similar in appearance to the Supermarine Spitfire and also powered by a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine, the Hurricane is fundamentally differ
Sectioned Armstrong Siddeley 840 H.P. 'Tiger' Aero engine. Two of these engines were used to power Armstrong-Whitworth Whitley bombers, twin-engined medium bombers operated by the RAF in the 1930s.
Model of Langley's 'Aerodrome' (1903) scale 1:10 The full-size Aerodrome, with a wing span of 48 ft (16m) and powered by a 52 hp engine, was completed in 1903, and two attempts were made by Charles Manly to pilot it over the Potomac River in Washingt