We can't wait to welcome you to the Science Museum for your forthcoming school trip.
Use the information on this page to help you prepare once you have booked your visit.
Key things to do before your visit
- Check your confirmation email. It shows what activities have been pre-booked for you. Tell us immediately if things are not as you were expecting. We may not be able to make changes at a later date.
- Download our map and print copies for accompanying adults to help you find your way around. It shows the location of galleries, event venues, picnic areas and toilets.
- Check for gallery closures.
- Plan your route around the museum with time to visit the open access galleries alongside any pre-booked sessions—use our trails and apps to help students explore.
- Decide where to eat lunch. Our picnic areas do not need to be pre-booked.
- Remember to tell us at least 28 days ahead of the visit if you wish to change the numbers attending charged activities. Remember that booking terms apply.
- Have your confirmation email - on your phone or printed - ready to scan the QR code on arrival. (You may need to right click and download images for the QR code to show.)
- Use our map to locate the entrance you need to use. For visits in July and August 2021 it's the Main Entrance on Exhibition Road. For visits from September 2021 it's the Group Entrance on Imperial College Road.
- Remind students that they are visiting a public building that's different from school, and they must respect social distancing for other people.
- Brief accompanying adults that proactive supervision is required at all times.
- Show this film to students to help set the scene for your trip:
Key Health and Safety Information
- If you are visiting with a large party please explore in smaller groups to allow comfortable social distancing for all our visitors and staff.
- Please help us to keep everyone safe by wearing a face covering in the museum, unless you are exempt. By asking visitors to wear a face covering, in line with Government guidance, we are seeking to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit to the museum safely.
- An enhanced cleaning regime is in place and hand sanitisers are located throughout the gallery.
- Please prioritise lifts for people who need to use to them. Take the stairs to move between floors if you can.
- Find health and safety information and a hazard identification sheet to help you complete your risk assessment.
- Our insurance cover letter (PDF) provides details about our public liability insurance.
- For more information about our COVID-19 safety measures visit our FAQs page.
- If any member of your group bubble has tested positive from COVID-19 or there is a suspected case pending testing, you must not proceed with your trip to the museum.
- If you are unable to visit due to a confirmed or suspected COVID case or any other reason you must contact us to cancel or rearrange your visit as soon as possible.
If you cannot find the answers you need on this web page, we can be reached on email@example.com or 033 0058 0058.
Please include your order number, school name and visit date in your email or have these details to hand when you call.