Experience the museum after dark in the ultimate sleepover for groups. For ages 7-11 years (KS2).
Join us for a sleepover at the Science Museum where your group will spend the night in one of our iconic galleries. Explore the museum out-of-hours, take part in fun activities, watch thrilling shows and in the morning enjoy a tasty breakfast and a visit to either Wonderlab: The Equinor Gallery, an IMAX film or an interactive exhibition.
Doors open at 18.45, you'll receive a welcome talk, then your group will take part in different activities across the museum, bedtime is around 23.00. Breakfast will be at 7.00 and your group will experience a gallery, film or exhibition. Astronight finishes at 10.00, when the museum opens.
Astronights are available on a selected Friday or Saturday each month, focused on a specific theme that aligns with our latest exhibition.
If you are a family group, please go to our general Astronights page to book.
Our theme will inspired by our exhibition Turn it Up: The Power of Music
- Friday 19 January 2024
- Friday 23 February 2024
- Friday 15 March 2024
- Friday 19 April 2024
From May, our exciting space-themed Astronights are back with new dates
- Friday 17 May 2024
- Friday 21 June 2024
- Friday 12 July 2024
How to Book
To book an Astronights sleepover for your group call 033 0058 0058.
- A minimum 1:6 adult to child ratio is required for sleepovers.
- Suitable for 7-11 (KS2) groups only.
- Adults are responsible for the group at all times to adhere to our safeguarding, safety and behavioral policies.
- Payment must be made at least 60 days before the sleepover date, failure to do so will result in your booking being cancelled. Please refer to our groups payment terms.
- If you require further information for completing Risk Assessments, please email Astronights@sciencemuseum.ac.uk.
- You will receive a pre-visit email at least 30 days ahead of your visit with further important information, including where to go on the day.