Bookings are open for group visits up to 24 July 2024.
Home educating families are welcome to visit at any time. Our interactive galleries, 3D IMAX films, and gaming zone Power Up are ideal for inspiring home learners.
Paid activities are discounted for home educating families during term times only, including IMAX films, Turn It Up: The Power of Music, our gaming experience Power Up and many others. Full prices apply for weekends and holidays.
School sessions are also available for home educators attending alongside schools provided children fall into the correct age group for these events.
Planning and booking your visit
- Check the age range for the programmes below as only activities matching your age selection will appear. If you are booking different age ranges or dates, please place separate bookings.
- During weekdays in term time, Wonderlab is set aside for specific age-groups on different days—please check the group booking portal for your age group.
- You can book all dates online except Home Educators’ Days. Please note that bookings go off-sale one week in advance.
- To book into Home Educators’ Days, please register here and call us at 033 0058 0058 (option 1, then option 3). A member of our team will place your booking.
- Browse our learning resources for free activity sheets and gallery trails to encourage questioning and curiosity during your visit.
- If you are including charged activities in your booking you will need to pay by credit or debit card at the time of booking. We are no longer able to offer invoices.
- Once you have booked we will send an e-ticket that you must bring with you for entry into the museum and any activities you have included.
- Please read our booking terms and conditions which will apply to your tickets.
Things to see and do
Antarctica 3D (U)–groups
Meet the weird and wonderful creatures that thrive in Antarctica, revealing how what happens there affects every single one of us.
For KS2 upwards.
A Beautiful Planet 3D (U)–groups
Experience life on the International Space Station as you travel into orbit around our home planet.
For KS2 upwards.
Under the Sea 3D (U)
Dive into this magical adventure and be transported below the ocean surface, into the unknown.Book now
An assortment of incredible experiments and demonstrations showing the wonder of science. For KS2 upwards.
Discover how rockets get into space and back in this dynamic show.
Feel the Force–schools
A dynamic show all about forces and magnets. For KS2.
Find out about space travel and how astronauts live and work in space. For Reception and KS1.
Hands-on area encouraging early exploration of science. For Nursery, Reception and Year 1 (ages 3-6).
This multi-sensory gallery encourages excitement and curiosity about patterns in the world around us. For Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (ages 4-7).
Injecting Hope: The Race for a Covid-19 Vaccine—Groups
Explore the worldwide effort to develop vaccines at pandemic speed and see how scientists and researchers adapted to the massive challenges of COVID-19. For KS3 upwards (ages 11+).
Trace the story of steam power and the lives of its inventors and users.
For KS3 upwards.