Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
Superbugs: 25 april 2018
Join us for a Superbugs Lates! Find out more about what’s living on your own skin, have a go at smashing the superbugs in our Microbial Arcade, and learn what could happen if we don’t act now to combat antibiotic resistance.
Plus, all the regular Lates highlights are waiting for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
Roll up, roll up! Try your luck at the Superhero Arcade. Survive the most dangerous game in the world, using your skin as a shield, and try to stay alive until 2050.
Q&A with Prof Alice Roberts
20.00-20.45, Who Am I? gallery
Fascinated by human evolution? Join us for a Q&A with Professor Alice Roberts to discuss surprising evolutionary quirks and be part of her latest TV programme. Please note: Filming will take place during this event.
Free ticketed event (booking required)—get advance tickets here.
Superbugs: The Inside Story
Millions are cured of bacterial diseases using antibiotics. But bacteria have fought back, evolving into resistant superbugs. Join Shionogi’s theatrical experience to explore the key resistance mechanisms superbugs use to fight antibiotics.
Detect, Cure, Avoid?
What ground-breaking discoveries are being made to solve the antibiotic resistance crisis? What can we do to help? Meet leading experts from the University of East Anglia, explore pioneering research, and have your say in how we can collectively tackle the problem by answering ‘Detect, Cure, Avoid?
Famelab National Final
Join the UK finalists as they fight for a place in the international competition. FameLab is a communications contest designed to engage and entertain by breaking down science, technology and engineering concepts into three-minute presentations.
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 35% off the usual ticket price
- Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care: Free entry
- Red Arrows and Fly 360°: Fly our simulators at discounted Lates rates.
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Can Touch This: Hold history in your hands with objects from the Science Museum’s collection. Museum volunteers will show you what they are made from and how they transformed the way we communicate and share information.
- Screen Grab: Join two up-and-coming printmakers in their pop-up studio and create your own screen-print souvenir of this month’s Lates. It will be hands-on, beautiful and inky...
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practising your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
30 May 2018: The Home
27 June 2018: Sexuality
25 July 2018: Medical Marvels
29 August 2018: The Circus
26 September 2018: The Science of Celebration
31 October 2018: Engineering
28 November 2018: The Sun
These are subject to change but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.