Welcome to CoderDojo at the Science Museum—a free coding class for young people interested in programming.
Each class will consist of a one-hour programming session where you can try coding for the first time, take part in our specially designed coding activities to develop your skills, or just work on your own project. This is followed by a short show-and-tell session where you can share your projects with the rest of the group, using our massive 80-inch TV.
You choose what you want to create, go at your own pace and decide how you like to work—on your own or teamed up. From total beginners to programming masters, everyone is welcome, and our expert Mentors will be available to lend a hand if you run into trouble.
These sessions are designed as a stand-alone experience so keep an eye on what we have planned for the future as activities and content may change.
Saturday 11 May 2019
This month our regular Dojo will be out of this world as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon missions.
Please bring a fully charged laptop and a charger.
- CoderDojo is suitable for ages 7 to 17
- No experience necessary—beginners and coding experts alike are welcome
- You’ll need to bring a laptop (with a full battery) and a charger
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that CoderDojo will be in a new location this month – Wonderlab, Level 3