Welcome to CoderDojo at the Science Museum—a free coding session for young people interested in programming.
Each session will consist of one hour of programming, during which you can try coding for the first time, take part in our specially designed coding activities to develop your skills, or just work on your own project. This is followed by a short show-and-tell session where you can share your projects with the rest of the group, using our massive 80-inch TV.
You choose what you want to create, go at your own pace and decide how you like to work—on your own or teamed up. From total beginners to programming masters, everyone is welcome, and our expert Mentors will be available to lend a hand if you run into trouble.
These sessions are designed as a stand-alone experience so keep an eye on what we have planned for the future as activities and content may change.
Saturday 12 October 2019
Our regular Dojo continues in a new location—join us in the Wonderlab Schools Area to create projects in Scratch, Python, HTML and more.
Please bring a fully charged laptop and a charger.
- CoderDojo is suitable for ages 7 to 17
- No experience necessary—beginners and coding experts alike are welcome
- You’ll need to bring a laptop (with a full battery) and a charger
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that CoderDojo will be in a new location this month – Wonderlab, Level 3
- This event is completely free but numbers are limited and we do ask that you register and get a ticket in advance so that we can plan for the correct numbers. If you reserve a ticket and are unable to attend, please let us know so we can re-issue it.