Spanning nearly half a century of unprecedented innovation and creative vision, join us for an evening offering a unique audio-visual celebration of the medium with direct insight from some of the very minds and personalities that shaped it.
Featuring excerpts from the acclaimed documentary series From Bedrooms to Billions and The Amiga Years, plus the world premiere of footage from the forthcoming The PlayStation Revolution, the evening will explore six eras that shaped the games we play today:
- The pioneering arcades of the 1970s
- The home computing boom of the 1980s
- The power of 16 bit
- The infamous console wars between Nintendo and SEGA
- The birth of PlayStation and mainstream gaming culture
- Mobile gaming, Virtual Reality and the future
Throughout the evening guests will be treated to commentary, round-table discussions and Q&As with a special panel of games industry luminaries:
- Phil Harrison – Former President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios and former Corporate Vice President of Microsoft
- Chris Kingsley and Jason Kingsley OBE – Co-founders and owners of independent UK studio Rebellion (Sniper Elite 4, Aliens vs Predator, Battlezone) which celebrates its 25th birthday in December
- Jon Hare – Co-founder of Sensible Software (Sensible Soccer, Sensible World of Soccer) and independent VR game developer
- Anthony Caulfield and Nicola Caulfield – British filmmakers and creators of acclaimed documentaries Sonic: The Birth of an Icon, From Bedrooms to Billions, The Amiga Years and the forthcoming The PlayStation Revolution
Presented by TIGA, Rebellion and From Bedrooms to Billions.