The Science Museum is temporarily closed.
An exciting interactive space, created especially for children aged 3–6 and their parents and carers.
Inquisitive children can explore the main areas—construction, water, light and sound. While playing, they can find out about floating and sinking, shadows and reflections, and much more. At the same time, they’ll develop the skills of observing, predicting, testing and drawing conclusions.
Explainers are on hand to help. They are happy to answer questions or join in the games to make sure that everyone gets the most from the gallery.
Visit The Garden in the basement of the museum for non-stop fun. From giant tubes that carry whispers to a flying saucer that radiates light, it’s an ideal place for 3–6-year-olds to discover science through play.
Planning a school visit? Find out more information about the gallery for educational groups.
Booking free timeslot tickets for The Garden
- The gallery is very popular so we strongly recommend booking your free tickets in advance.
- Timeslots are 20 minutes long. Please arrive in plenty of time as you won’t be able to extend your slot if you’re late.
- Please book tickets for all children visiting the gallery.
- Children aren’t able to visit the gallery unaccompanied so please also book adult tickets. If possible, please limit the number of adults visiting at once so we can allow more groups in.
- Please allow 15 minutes from the main entrance to reach the gallery.