Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
FRANKENSTEIN: 28 MARCH 2018
Join us this month as we reanimate the dead in a Frankenstein-themed Lates.
Come and make your very own Frankentoy to take home with you, look out for Mary Shelley and plug yourself in to our fascinating Frankenstein Festival, which is happening around the museum. Plus, all the regular Lates highlights are waiting for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
- Details of this month's highlights will appear here shortly.
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 35% off the usual ticket price
- Illuminating India exhibitions: 5000 Years of Science and Innovation and Photography 1857–2017
- Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care: Free entry
- Red Arrows and Fly 360°: Fly our simulators at discounted Lates rates.
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Can Touch This: Hold history in your hands with objects from the Science Museum’s collection. Museum volunteers will show you what they are made from and how they transformed the way we communicate and share information.
- Screen Grab: Join two up-and-coming printmakers in their pop-up studio and create your own screen-print souvenir of this month’s Lates. It will be hands-on, beautiful and inky...
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Behind-the-scenes Tour of the Conservation Lab:
Come and see where we treat and care for the museum’s collection of weird and wonderful objects. The conservators have an exciting life trying to make them look great for the public.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practising your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
25 April 2018: Superbugs
30 May 2018: Home of the Future
27 June 2018: Sexuality
25 July 2018: NHS
29 August 2018: Circus
26 September 2018: Birthday
31 October 2018: Engineering
28 November 2018: The Sun
These are subject to change but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.