Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
Year of Engineering Lates: 31 October 2018
The theme for our October Lates event is the Year of Engineering. The full programme will be available here in due course.
Plus, all the regular Lates highlights will be here for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 35% off the usual ticket price.
- Red Arrows and Fly 360°: Fly our simulators at discounted Lates rates.
- The Last Tsar: Blood and Revolution: Explore the extraordinary lives and deaths of Tsar Nicholas II and his family in our brand new exhibition.
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Can Touch This: Hold history in your hands with objects from the Science Museum’s collection. Museum volunteers will show you what they are made from and how they transformed the way we communicate and share information.
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practicing your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop. £2 tickets available in the Exploring Space gallery on the night.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
31 October 2018: Year of Engineering
28 November 2018: The Sun
30 January 2019: China
27 February 2019: The Last Tsar
These are subject to change—but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.