Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
FOOD AND DRINK: 31 JANUARY 2018
Diet January, sober New Year, whatever it may be, ditch it and join us for a Lates that's all about Food and Drink.
Inhale your food, trick your senses, explore your drinks, feed yourself in a different way with samples and snippets from a smorgasbord of delights. Plus, all the regular Lates highlights will be waiting for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
Full details will be posted here soon.
Also on this month
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 50% off the usual ticket price
- Wonderlab, the Statoil Gallery: 50% off the usual ticket price
- Illuminating India exhibitions: 5000 Years of Science and Innovation and Photography 1857–2017
- Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care: Free entry
- Fly our simulators: Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Can Touch This: Hold history in your hands with objects from the Science Museum’s collection. Museum volunteers will show you what they are made from and how they transformed the way we communicate and share information.
- Screen Grab: Join two up-and-coming printmakers in their pop-up studio and create your own screen-print souvenir of this month’s Lates. It will be hands-on, beautiful and inky...
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Behind-the-scenes Tour of the Conservation Lab:
Come and see where we treat and care for the museum’s collection of weird and wonderful objects. The conservators have an exciting life trying to make them look great for the public.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practising your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
28 February 2018: Sport and Well Being
These are subject to change but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.