Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
China Lates: 30 January 2019
Join us for the first Lates of 2019 as we celebrate Chinese New Year. Find out more about the latest science and emerging technology in China, and discover how its people celebrate the new year.
Plus, all the regular Lates highlights will be here for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 35% off the usual ticket price.
- Red Arrows and Fly 360°: Fly our simulators at discounted Lates rates.
- The Last Tsar: Blood and Revolution: Explore the extraordinary lives and deaths of Tsar Nicholas II and his family in our brand new exhibition.
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practicing your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop. £2 tickets available in the Exploring Space gallery on the night.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
27 February 2019: The Last Tsar
These are subject to change—but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.