Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month.
PRIDE IN LONDON JUBILEE: 26 JUNE 2019
Join the Science Museum’s celebration of sexuality in collaboration with Pride in London, marking 50 years of Pride.
Listen to Europe’s longest running LGBTQ+ choir, the Pink Singers, join archivists from the Bishopsgate Institute to learn more about the Stonewall riots which sparked the gay rights movement and set your mind ablaze with spoken word from Rhysspieces.
Plus, all the regular Lates highlights will be here for you to enjoy, including live music and the best silent disco in town.
Turned On: Science, Sex and Robots
Is sex with a robot considered cheating? Why have sexbots mostly been female so far? Join Dr Kate Devlin, computer scientist and author of Turned On: Science, Sex and Robots, and comedian Sofie Hagen as they delve into the big questions about our future interactions with robots.
Find out more and book a ticket.
THE UN-WHITEWASHED HERSTORY OF PRIDE
How did the Stonewall riots lead to today's Pride parades? Learn more about Stonewall and what happened afterwards—including the stories of two of its biggest contributors, Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera.
Join poet Richard Scott, author of 'Soho', as he reads extracts from this intimate collection of poems celebrating joy and tenderness, creating an uncompromising portrait of both love and gay shame.
From the good to the bad, ugly and sad period stories, join our wonderful spoken word artists as they share a collection of period monologues from around the world.
It’s 50 years since the Stonewall riots sparked the gay rights movement. In this workshop, make a banner and celebrate modern protest with experts from the LGBTQ+ archives at Bishopsgate Institute.
PERIOD ZINE-MAKING WORKSHOP
Mia Maxwell’s zine workshop aims deconstruct our ideas of gender and menstruation, highlighting issues around periods for trans, gender non-conforming and non-binary people who menstruate.
Join the Science Museum and Pride in London for our Lates afterparty with guest DJs Unskinny Bop.
Tickets £10.—click 'book now' for your Lates admission ticket and bag yourself an afterparty spot.
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 35% off the usual ticket price.
- Red Arrows and Fly 360°: Fly our simulators at discounted Lates rates.
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Screen Grab: Print your own poster with our team of experts.
- Highlights Tour of the Museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Talkaoke: Chat, discuss, converse and pontificate on the current topics picked on the night.
- Silent Disco: Whether you’re practising your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop. £2 tickets available in the Exploring Space gallery on the night.
- British Sign Language events at Lates: Join us for BSL-interpreted events and activities.
Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
- 31 July 2019: Space
As part of our Summer of space season, we’ll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the moon landings and all thing space.
- 28 August 2019: Driverless!
Lates will be exploring the themes of our new exhibition Driverless: Who Is in Control?
- 25 September 2019: Top Secret
Lates will be exploring our new exhibition Top Secret looking at the world of codebreaking, ciphers and secret communications as well as quantum computing.
- 30 October 2019: Halloween
Lates will be celebrating Halloween with a spooky night of events as we look at the science behind Halloween.
- 27 November 2019: Art and Science
We’ll be exploring the worlds of science and art and the crossover between these two disciplines.
- 29 January 2020: Medicine
Lates celebrates all things medicine related as we launch our new Medicine Galleries which are based on the extraordinary collections of Henry Wellcome and the Science Museum.
These are subject to change but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.