Science Museum Lates are adults-only, after-hours theme nights that take place in the museum on the last Wednesday of every month. Each entry in this hugely popular ongoing series of events centres on a different theme: from sex to climate change, from big data to childhood.
Gaming: 25 October 2017
Get your geek on as we celebrate the return of Power UP—our hands-on, fully interactive gaming experience—with an evening exploring the past, present and future of gaming.
Further details will be published soon.
Also on this month
- Space Descent VR with Tim Peake: 50% off the usual ticket price
- Wonderlab, the Statoil Gallery: 50% off the usual ticket price
- Illuminating India exhibitions: 5000 Years of Science and Innovation and Photography 1857–2017
- Wounded: Conflict, Casualties and Care: Free entry
- Fly our simulators: Red Arrows and Fly 360° both discounted rates for Lates
- Hidden Gems: Peel away the layers of the Science Museum’s collection and you’ll find a weird and wonderful world of spectacular objects. Come and marvel at a selection of items not normally on public display, brought straight from our stores.
- Can Touch This: Hold history in your hands with objects from the Science Museum’s collection. Museum volunteers will show you what they are made from and how they transformed the way we communicate and share information.
- Screen Grab: Join two up-and-coming printmakers in their pop-up studio and create your own screen-print souvenir of this month’s Lates. It will be hands-on, beautiful and inky...
- Highlights tour of the museum: Follow one of our volunteer tour guides on a whistle-stop tour of some of our most beloved iconic objects and discover the untold stories they hold.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the conservation lab:
Come and see where we treat and care for the museum’s collection of weird and wonderful objects. The conservators have an exciting life trying to make them look great for the public.
- Silent disco: Whether you’re practising your moves or just in the mood to slam dunk the funk, grab a headset, select your tunes and dance until you drop.
29 November 2017: India
31 January 2018: Food and Drink
28 February 2018: Sport and Well Being
These are subject to change but we can guarantee that each night will be fun and entertaining.