London Short Film Festival join us to guest curate an evening of contemporary and classic film shorts inspired by the Moon—and the universe beyond.
Get your helmets on and protein pills at the ready as you take in the majesty of the cosmos, float past space junk and join the ranks of Zambia’s first team of astronauts in this evening of short films.
Introduced by LSFF Director Philip Ilson, Science Museum curator Doug Millard and some of the filmmakers whose work features in the programme, Astro Shorts is a cinematic compendium of contemporary, classic, archival and experimental cinema—with a dash of live music—that confronts us with the human limits of conceptualising space.
"The best short film festival in the world"
Astro Shorts Film Programme
- VOYAGE DE LA LUNE (Georges Méliès, France, 1902) + Live piano accompaniment by Tom Lees
- ADRIFT (Cath Le Couteur, UK, 2017)
- RABBIT’S MOON (Kenneth Anger, USA, 1979)
- AFRONAUTS (Frances Bodomo, USA, 2014)
- A NEW VIEW OF THE MOON (Alex Gorosh, USA, 2018)
- THE SASHA – UK Premiere (María Molina Peiró, Netherlands, 2018)
- EVERYTHING (David O’Reilly, USA, 2017)
- POWERS OF TEN (Charles Eames, USA, 1977)
Header image: © 2019 Eames Office, LLC